Youth Registration Information
The BPL is a leader when it comes to youth cricket. Our program is offered throughout the year for children between 6-16 years of age.
Parents' Code of Ethics
- I, the parent and or guardian of the above child(ren), hereby give my approval for their participation in any and all youth activities related to the program. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to such participation, including transportation to and from games. I hereby waive, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the organizers, sponsors, participants, and persons working with my child(ren) for any claims arising out of an injury to my child.
- In the case of sickness or injury during an away or home game that I am not present, I give permission for my child to be taken to the nearest medical facility for treatment.
- I am fully aware that responsible adult leadership (BCL Coaches and volunteer Moms and Dads) is the backbone of the youth sports program. It is the moms and dads that make our program viable. I understand that I will do my best to actively participate and be involved in these programs.
- I give BCL my permission to photograph and publish photos of my child(ren) for the community to view in advertising in the Park Dist. brochure, Newspapers, website, Fliers, and other internal marketing and events. I understand that these photos will not be sold or distributed off base.
Parents’ Code of Ethics
- I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents’ Code of Ethics:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will require that my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches’ Code of Ethics.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth – not adults. I will do my very best to make cricket fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other player, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will help my child enjoy the cricket experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
- I will read the rules and by laws for the Bolingbrook Cricket League and do what I can to help maintain their integrity.